The Mad Catz MLG Pro Circuit Controller has been a big hit so far! We’ve had MLG Pros streaming with it, top gadget sites reviewing it, and most importantly, community members gaming with it. To thank all our fans for their support, we’re giving you a chance to win one for yourself.
To win, all you have to do is prove that you want, need, or deserve this controller more than anybody else. Leave a 30 second video on our Facebook wall between now and Monday (February 6th) explaining why you should win. On Monday we’ll pick our favorite three, and have the community vote on their favorite. The video with the most votes at 3pm ET on Wednesday Feb 8th wins their choice of an MLG Mad Catz Pro Circuit Controller for PS3 or Xbox 360.
We want to see you get creative! You can keep it simple and upload straight from your webcam onto our Facebook page, or you can send us an HD edited masterpiece; it’s up to you. Your video can be funny, serious, crazy, whatever–just make sure to get your point across in 30 seconds or less (and keep it clean).
Good luck and keep on gaming!
MLG PRO CIRCUIT CONTROLLER VIDEO CONTEST
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED
By participating in this MLG Pro Circuit Controller Contest (the “Contest”), each participant (“Participant” or “you”) agrees to abide by these Official Rules.
1. Contest Description/Timing: Major League Gaming Inc. (“MLG”) will conduct a contest, whereby Participants must submit thirty (30) second video clip (an “Entry”) on the MLG Facebook wall, located at http://www.facebook.com/mlgpro (together with other MLG online properties, including majorleaguegaming.com, the “MLG Site”). Entries must not contain illegal, obscene or pornographic material, contain defamatory or libelous statements, invade privacy rights, infringe any third party right, exploit individuals under the age of eighteen (18) or in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. In MLG’s sole discretion, MLG will remove and disqualify any such inappropriate submissions. Participants must submit Entries during the period beginning on January 31, 2012 and ending on February 6, 2012 at 12:00PM EST (the “Contest Period”).
Judging: The Contest judges (the “Judges”), who will be comprised of a panel of MLG staff members, will select and nominate three (3) Entries as candidates to win the Contest. All Entries received will be judged using the following criteria: originality, creativity and execution. Entries will be judged by the Judges. The three nominated Entries will be presented on the MLG Site, and until February 8, 2012, 3:00PM EST, visitors to the MLG Site may vote on the three nominated Entries. The Entry receiving the most votes after the voting period will be selected as the winner of the Contest
Each Participant who submits an Entry fully and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Judges and MLG, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
2. Eligibility and Limitations. All Participants must be legal residents of the United States or Canada (excluding Quebec). This Contest is void where prohibited. Employees of MLG and members of the immediate family of any such persons are not eligible to participate and win. By participating in this Contest you agree that if you are selected as the winner, you will execute an assignment agreement, transferring any rights you may have to intellectual property embodied in the winning submission to MLG. You acknowledge that you will not be paid any additional compensation for your winning submission other than the prizes mentioned below.
A total of one (1) 1st prize will be awarded to the winner of the Contest. The winner of the Contest will receive his/her choice of the either the MLG Mad Catz Pro Circuit Controller for PlayStation 3 or MLG Mad Catz Pro Circuit Controller for Xbox 360 (approximate retail value for either version: $99.99).
MLG will contact the winner shortly after the Contest Period via email or MLG private message.
Prizes are non-transferable and not exchangeable for any other prize. In the case of unavailability of a prize, MLG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value.All taxes, gratuities and unspecified expenses are the sole responsibility of winners. Winners assume all liability for use of the prizes.
Winners will be required to sign and return, within three (3) days of receipt of notification, an Affidavit of Eligibility and Assignment of Intellectual Property agreement prior to receipt of prize and tax forms. If a winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Official Rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate, in MLG’s sole discretion. If a minor wins the prize, any required Affidavits or other agreements must be signed by a parent/legal guardian of such minor in his/her state of residence. If a minor wins the prize, the prize will be awarded to the parent or legal guardian who signs the above Affidavits and agreements.
3A. Entry Ownership. By participating and submitting any Entries for this Contest, each Participant agrees that MLG will solely own and control all rights in the Entries submitted to MLG hereunder (including the copyright therein and all extensions, renewals and derivative works thereof) in perpetuity, throughout the universe, in all media now known or hereafter developed, in any and all languages and versions, with the right to use and change the Entries in any manner that MLG may determine. Participants acknowledge and agree that all concepts, ideas and materials created by Participants in connection with the Entries (collectively, “Materials”), are “works made for hire” under copyright law and all rights therein, including copyright, trademark, patent, or other rights (collectively the “Rights”) are MLG’s property. The Rights include the right to own and register all copyrights in all such materials in MLG’s or its designee’s name. In the event that any such Materials created by Participants are determined not to be a “work made for hire” for any reason, Participants hereby irrevocably assign all Rights therein to MLG, and Participants agree to execute such additional documents consistent herewith as may be reasonably requested by MLG after a reasonable opportunity to review and negotiate in good faith to evidence MLG’s ownership of the Rights. Participants hereby waive any “moral rights” claims that Participants may have with respect to any Materials created by Participants. In the event that any Materials created by Participants are not copyrightable, Participants hereby irrevocably assign any and all ownership Rights in and to such Materials to MLG. MLG shall have the irrevocable right to use and exploit the Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner and in any and all media, whether now known or hereafter devised in perpetuity throughout the world in MLG’s sole discretion, with no compensation due to Participants.
MLG is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by users of the MLG Site or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized on the MLG Site or in the Contest or by any technical or human error, which may occur in the processing of registrations, entries into the Contest, or otherwise in connection with the Contest including, without limitation, any technical limitation or other event that results in the disqualification of any Participant in the Contest. MLG assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or communications line failure relating to the MLG Site or the Contest, or for any theft or destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, any registration materials or entries. MLG is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, network, satellite, cable or lines, computer, on-line-systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of e-mail, registrations or entry submissions on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site or combination thereof in connection with the MLG Site or the Contest, including, without limitation, any technical limitation or other event that results in the disqualification of any user in the Contest. MLG is not responsible for injury or damage to Participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating, downloading or uploading materials from the MLG Site or in connection with the Contest. Any use of robotic, automatic, micro, programmed or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and disqualify any person using such methods. If, for any reason, the Contest, in MLG's sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MLG which, in the MLG's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, MLG reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by MLG in its sole discretion.
IN NO EVENT WILL MLG, ITS PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, MLG’S SPONSORS, ADVERTISING OR PROMOTION AGENCIES OR PARTNERS OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS, BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES OF ANY KIND UNDER ANY THEORY (WHETHER CONTRACT, TORT, WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS OR CONTEST PRIZES, ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT'S ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE MLG SITE OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR (B) FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND IN EXCESS OF ANY FEE PAID BY YOU (IF ANY) TO ENTER THE CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THE MLG SITE AND IN CONNECTION WITH ANY CONTEST IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN LIABILITY OR WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS, MLG’S LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Representations and Warranties/Indemnification. Each Participant represents and warrants to MLG as follows: (i) Participant has the full right and legal capacity to agree to these Official Rules; (ii) Participant has the right and power to grant rights herein contained; (iii) Participant has obtained all the necessary clearances, including, but not limited to copyright clearances, necessary to copy, display, or distribute the Entry; (iv) the Rights granted to MLG via these Official Rules, including public display, public performance, distribution, and reproduction of Participant’s Entry, will not violate or infringe upon the copyright, literary, privacy, publicity, trademark, service mark or any other personal property right of any person or entity and Participant’s Entry will not constitute a libel or defamation of any third party; (v) the Entry does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory, libelous, pornographic, or obscene as decided by the judges, in their sole discretion; (vi) MLG shall have right to use, alter, adapt, assign, publish or dispose of Participant’s Entry in any way in any media now known or hereinafter developed, without territory, time or other limitation, however it sees fit, including without limitation for advertising, publicity and promotion purposes, without compensation or approval of Participants. Each Participant hereby agrees to indemnify, defend and hold the Releasees (defined below) harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Participant hereunder.
By participating, all Participants and winners grant MLG permission to use their names, nick-names, gamer-tags, characters, photographs, voices, and likenesses in connection with promotion of this and other Contest, in perpetuity, throughout the world, and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use, except where prohibited.
By participating, each Participant and winner waives any and all claims of liability against MLG, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, subsidiaries, suppliers, and related companies, its sponsors, advertising and promotion agencies and partners and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Releasees”) , from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense, including without limitation property damages, personal injury and/or death, arising out of participation in the Contest, Participant’s Entry or the acceptance, use or misuse of the prize. If any part of these Official Rules shall be held or declared to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason by any court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be ineffective but shall not affect any other part of these Official Rules and the invalid portion of any provision shall be deemed modified to the least degree necessary to remedy such invalidity while retaining the original intent of the parties. The failure of MLG to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver by MLG of any breach of these Official Rules by you, shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by MLG or be deemed a waiver by MLG of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Official Rules. The rights and remedies of MLG under these Official Rules shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any right or remedy shall not limit a right to exercise any other right or remedy hereunder.
In case of dispute, entries will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of registration. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, on-line service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Each winner is solely responsible for any and all applicable taxes. MLG is not responsible for any unspecified expenses which shall be the responsibility of winners.
9. Conduct and Decisions.
By participating in the Contest, Participants agree to be bound by the decisions of MLG, Judges and any other MLG personnel. All decisions of the Contest organizers or of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and not appealable. Participants must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner, maintaining a friendly and polite demeanor to competitors, Contest officials, and to other Participants of the Contest. Participants who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. MLG will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Contest and the MLG's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the MLG, MLG reserves the right to terminate this Contest, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the MLG deems appropriate. MLG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds (a) to be tampering with the registration or entry process or the operation of the MLG Site or the Contest; (b) be acting in violation of these Official Rules; (c) to be hacking, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person; or (d) to have provided any false or misleading information as part of the registration process including, without limitation, any false names, addresses or e-mail addresses. All decisions will be made by MLG and are final. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITE, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, MLG RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If for any reason, the Contest, in MLG's sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of MLG which, in MLG's sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, MLG reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest and proceed in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by MLG in its sole discretion.
11. Arbitration and Governing Law Any controversy, claim or dispute arising out of or relating to this Contest shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Rules including Emergency Interim Relief Procedure in New York, New York, except that, to the extent any Participant, winner or guest has in any manner violated or threatened to violate MLG’s intellectual property or confidentiality rights, MLG may seek injunctive, monetary or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the state of New York (and MLG may assert both intellectual property causes of action and other appropriate causes of action in any such action), and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue in such courts. The arbitrator's award shall be binding and may be entered as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under this Agreement shall be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Agreement, whether through class arbitration proceedings or otherwise.
13. Rules and List of Winners: For a copy of the rules, or a list of the winner, please send your request within thirty (30) days of the end of the Contest by mail with a stamped, self-addressed return envelope with Contest name and addressed to: Major League Gaming Inc., 3 Park Avenue, 32nd Floor, New York, NY 10016.
CONTEST OPERATOR: MAJOR LEAGUE GAMING INC., 3 PARK AVENUE, 32nd FLOOR, NEW YORK, NY 10016, USA.