StarCraft 2 Added to 2010 MLG Pro Circuit Starting in Raleigh
Major League Gaming is thrilled to announce the addition of StarCraft 2: Wings of Liberty to the 2010 MLG Pro Circuit. Starting with our Raleigh Pro Circuit Competition, August 27-29, the highly anticipated sequel to Blizzard Entertainment’s real-time strategy game will join the MLG Pro Circuit as an open registration title. Blizzard has selected MLG as its Official North American Partner for StarCraft 2, and we’re tremendously excited to extend our relationship with them and foster a competitive tournament experience in this game as well as in World of Warcraft.
The First Live North American StarCraft 2 Event Kicks Off at MLG Raleigh:
- 1v1 format
- 32 players, open registration
- Double-elimination format
- $7,000 in cash prizes
- Passes are $60 per player
- Registration opens Tuesday, August 3rd, at 7pm ET on MLGPro.com
- Culminates in National Championship in Dallas, November 5-7
Join us in Raleigh and Be a Part of StarCraft 2’s First Live Tournament!
- August 27-29
- Raleigh Marriott City Center (more info)
- Open Competitions in Halo 3, Tekken 6, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, World of Warcraft, and Starcraft 2 (more info)
- Spectator passes are $25 for the weekend
- Get a free spectator pass by wearing an MLG UMAD? Hot Topic t-shirt (more info)
The inaugural StarCraft 2 Pro Circuit Season will surely boast an unbelievable array of epic matches and historic events. More information regarding StarCraft 2 will be released in the coming weeks. Get your build orders ready and your hotkeys set, and we’ll see you in Raleigh.