From Friday, April 20, at 6pm ET through the evening of Sunday, April 22, some of the world’s best StarCraft II players will battle at MLG’s first Arena of the Spring Season. The Top 8 from the Winter Championship – MarineKing, DongRaeGu, Heart, Huk, Parting, Ganzi, Violet and MC (sadly Naniwa cannot attend, so MC takes his place as the next-highest finisher) will compete at the MLG Studio in NYC for $10,900 in prize money, and we will be broadcasting it all LIVE via seven streams.
The stakes are higher than ever before; the whole rest of the season will be affected by what they do at this Arena. Each player will be pitted against each other throughout the three-day event. They will have practiced every single matchup possible in preparation, guaranteeing some of the most incredible gameplay imaginable.
To correspond with this insane lineup, we have pulled together a weekend of stellar programming and a ton of surprises. Here is an overview of what you can expect and how you can watch.
it's an all-star cast! Artosis, djWHEAT, Tasteless, JP McDaniel, Rob Simpson, and Grubby will be casting all matches from Spring Arena 1. You read that right; we've got Grubby as a caster for the entire weekend. Our casters will be taking turns on the Central stream and the Gameplay stream, and we will be broadcasting every game that's played.
We know every possible matchup that will happen in this tournament, and we're going to bring you in-depth analysis of those matchups, right from the experts themselves. Axslav, QXC, and Sheth, representing Protoss, Terran, and Zerg, respectively, will break everything down between games, covering the history of the players, their records against each other, their playstyles and expected strategies, and more.
Adebisi is shaping up to be one of the best Observers in the business. He did incredible work at the Winter Championship in Columbus, and we're very happy to announce that he'll be Observing all Central Stream games at Spring Arena 1.
There will be seven live streams all weekend long.
- The Central stream: a highly-polished production featuring half the matches of the tournament.
- The Gameplay Stream: a fast-paced, all-action stream, featuring the other half of the tournament's matches.
- Four POV streams: one for each player who's competing on the Central and Gameplay streams.
- The Dr Pepper Ultimate Access stream: free to everyone, all weekend long. The stream will feature interviews, analysis, behind-the-scenes coverage, and a lot more hosted by MLG's own Clutch (Josh Gray).
- The Central and Gameplay streams will be broadcast in up to 1080p. The POV streams and Dr Pepper stream will be available in up to 720p.
The Schedule (all times ET)
Friday, April 20:
- 6:00- Midnight: Pool Play
Saturday, April 21:
- 2:00pm – 10:00pm: Pool Play
Sunday, April 22:
- 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM Bracket Round 1
- 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM Bracket Round 2
- 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM Bracket Round 3
- 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM Finals
Watch it All
The first match aired on each of the two main streams will be free. To get access to all of the rest, you'll need one of two things:
- A Spring Arena 1 PPV Pass. This pass is $10 and you'll soon be able to purchase them right in the player on the live page.
- A Spring SCII Season Pass: A much better deal. For just $30 ($15 for Gold Members) you get full HD access to Spring Arena 1, the Invite-Only Online Qualifiers, Spring Arena 2, and the Spring Championship. Check out this infographic to see how Season pricing works.
Get full information about Spring SCII Arena 1, including the Map Pool, rules, and an explanation of how this Arena fits into the Spring Season, get yourself a Season Pass, and join us on April 20 for an incredible weekend of StarCraft II!