Video Game Super Star “Nadeshot” Signs Exclusive Deal with Major League Gaming Following 1376% Growth in MLG.tv Viewership in Q1
MLG Answers Demand and Expands Distribution with MLG.tv Mobile Apps for iOS and Android
NEW YORK, April 10, 2014 – Following a 1376% increase in viewership in Q1, Major League Gaming (MLG), the global leader in eSports, today announced professional video gamer and social media super star Matthew “Nadeshot” Haag (@OpTic_NaDeSHoT), has partnered with MLG to stream exclusively via the MLG.tv premium video platform. On the heels of releasing the MLG app for Xbox 360, MLG is also broadening content distribution with the release of MLG.tv apps for iOS (MLG.tv/iOSApp) and Android (MLG.tv/AndroidApp). Since launching in late 2013, demand for MLG.tv premium content has soared with 60% month over month growth in viewership since December and viewers tuning in for an average of 157 minutes per visit making it the definitive platform for streamers and advertisers looking to reach a deeply engaged audience.
Fans can now watch MLG’s professionally-produced gaming content including Nadeshot’s channel, MLG’s news show “eSports Report,” premier competitions like MLG’s Call of Duty: Ghosts League Playoffs live from PAX and more via iOS devices, online at MLG.tv. and the MLG app for Xbox 360. MLG is slated to release the MLG app for Xbox One later this year. As part of the streaming partnership, Nadeshot will also work closely with the MLG team to introduce additional enhancements to the MLG.tv viewing experience such as improved chat, a larger viewing window and more.
“As a streamer and pro gamer, partnering with the worldwide leader in eSports just makes sense. Broadcasting with MLG.tv will help grow the eSports community exponentially and allow other kids to pursue their professional gaming dreams just like I did. When you spend countless hours streaming, you want to work with the most supportive company with an innovative and evolving platform. MLG is the leader in the space and the future of MLG.tv is promising,” said Nadeshot. “I am looking forward to working with the team to further evolve the platform and help build the ultimate streaming offering that improves year after year. This is just the beginning.”
“We are extremely excited to welcome Nadeshot to MLG, not only as a streamer, but as a fundamental member of our development team. MLG is one of the fastest-growing premium digital content producers and working with trailblazers like Nadeshot is key for evolving the streaming landscape,” said Adam Apicella, EVP, MLG Properties. “We are excited to combine our experience as a top online broadcaster with Nadeshot’s personal experience to better the MLG.tv platform not only for our fans, but for our streaming partners as well.”
In four years of professional play, Nadeshot has become one of the most prolific players in professional gaming with more than 530,000 followers on twitter, over 200,000 Facebook fans, and 1.1 million You Tube subscribers where his videos garner over 8 million monthly views. From Friday, April 11 – Sunday, April 13, Nadeshot will make his casting debut joining OpTic Gaming teammate Clayster, pro player Revan and MLG’s Chris Puckett to commentate the playoffs of MLG’s Call of Duty: Ghosts League being broadcast live from PAX East exclusively on MLG.tv.
A Chicago native, Nadeshot started playing video games as a hobby turning to competitive play in high school. He competed in his first professional online tournament in 2008 and shortly after, his first live, eSports competition at MLG tournament in Anaheim in 2009. He joined OpTic Gaming in 2010 and has never looked back, capturing the top spot at the 2011 Call of Duty XP Championship, competing at MLG Pro Circuit events, the recent Call of Duty Championship and other top tournaments around the globe.
MLG.tv Programming: Schedule available at MLG.tv/Schedule
MLG.tv programming available via the new MLG mobile apps, MLG app for Xbox 360 and MLG.tv on the web includes:
- Nadeshot on MLG.tv – exclusive streaming partner.
- MLG Call of Duty: Ghosts Pro League playoffs – April 11 – 13 – Commentated by Nadeshot, Clayster, Puckett and Revan, the six teams from the six-week Call of Duty Ghosts Pro League will compete in the LIVE playoffs broadcast from PAX East. Fresh off their first place win at the Call of Duty Championship, CompLexity will join EnVy, Strictly Business, FaZe, Team Kaliber, and Curse LV for the three day tournament.
- MLG’s eSports Report – showcasing the latest news in competitive gaming.
- MLG Call of Duty: Ghosts Pro League Season Two – airing from April 19 – June 14 on MLG.tv.
- MLG Championship – June 20-22 – broadcast live from Anaheim, CA, and featuring thousands of the best gamers playing Call of Duty: Ghosts, StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm and Super Smash Brothers Melee.
- MLG partner streams including international eSports leagues Gfinity and ACL Pro, top Call of Duty player Scumpii, premier teams such as OpTic Gaming, EnVyUs, FaZe and Curse and You Tube sensations Syndicate and Seananners.