World’s Best Gamers to Compete for $150,000 at Major League Gaming Championship in Anaheim
Competition Features Call of Duty®: Ghosts, StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm®, Super Smash Bros. Melee, Killer Instinct and Injustice: Gods Among Us
Millions to Watch LIVE and Via MLG.tv on the Web, Mobile Apps, Xbox One and Xbox 360
Over 1000 of the top eSports superstars from around the globe will compete for $150,000 in prizes and glory at the Major League Gaming (MLG) Championship in Anaheim, CA, from June 20-22. Thousands of fans will descend upon the Anaheim Convention Center and millions more will watch via MLG.tv on the web, MLG.tv apps for iOS and Android, the new MLG app for Xbox One and the MLG app for Xbox 360. The action-packed, three-day Championship will feature Call of Duty®: Ghosts, including the international MLG League playoffs and a 192 team open bracket competition; a high-stakes StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm® tournament; the return of Super Smash Bros.™ Melee for the first time since 2006, and the debut of Killer Instinct and Injustice: Gods Among Us. Spectator passes are available in the MLG Store online and at the door, and fans can watch live via all MLG.tv distribution channels starting Friday, June 20 at 2:30pm PT. The broadcast schedule is available online.
The Games and Prizing
Call of Duty: Ghosts – $80,000 in prizes, 10,000 MLG Pro Points and placement in Season 3 of the MLG Call of Duty® League
After months of online competition, the top eight teams from Season 2 of the MLG Call of Duty League, the top two teams from Season 1 of the Gfinity Call of Duty League and the second place team from ACL Brisbane will compete for $70,000 in prizes in the International League Playoffs on Xbox One. Teams include Curse Australia, Curse Black, Epsilon, Evil Geniuses, FaZe Black, FaZe Red, OpTic Gaming (gold medalists at the debut MLG X Games Invitational), TCM Gaming, Team EnVyUs, Denial eSports and Team Kaliber. In addition to prize money, all players will be awarded 10,000 MLG Pro Points. Separately, 192 teams including Curse Orange, JusTus, OpTic Nation, Strictly Business, VexX Gaming and more will compete in the Season 3 Play In Tournament (Open Bracket) for $10,000 in prizes. The Play In Tournament will also serve as a 10,000 Series Pro Points Tournament and the top four teams will qualify for Season 3 of the MLG Call of Duty League.
StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm – $40,000 in prizes, plus 4,000 WCS points toward qualifying for BlizzCon®
After months of online competition, 12 qualifier winners (Violet, Major, Huk, Polt, Illusion, Puck, TLO, Scarlett, Petraeus, Trap, Hendralisk and Miniraser) have earned a starting spot in Championship Pool Play where they will battle against four players from the open bracket that includes top players like desRow, Catz, Vibe, Xenocider, Suppy, Thorzain, Nestea, Liquid Hero, Alicia, Heart, Ragnarok, Bomber, Seed, Maker, Hyun, Revival, Jaedong, iNcontroL, Keen, DongRaeGu, Nony, Suppy, Puck, State, Select, qxc, Caliber, Apocalypse, Stardust, Harstem, Iaguz, and more. Ultimately, 20 players will compete in the Championship Bracket for $40,000 in prizes and 4,000 World Championship Series (WCS) points toward their global ranking. The points earned will impact the year-long chase for seeds at the WCS Global Finals at BlizzCon® this fall.
Super Smash Bros. Melee - $15,000 in prizes
Super Smash Bros. Melee returns to MLG for the first time since 2006. After months of qualifiers, 12 qualifier winners including Mang0, Hungrybox, Mew2King, Remen, Leffen and more have earned a starting spot in Championship Pool Play where they will compete against four players from an open bracket. 20 players will compete in the Championship Bracket for $15,000 in prizes.
Injustice: Gods Among Us on Xbox 360 – $7500 in Prizes and Killer Instinct on Xbox One –$7500 in Prizes
From Friday, June 20 at 2:30pm PT through Saturday, June 21 at 5pm PT, players will compete in an Injustice open bracket tournament for $7,500 in prizes. From Saturday, June 21 at 5pm PT through Sunday, June 22 at 8pm PT, players will compete in a Killer Instinct open bracket tournament for $7,500 in prizes. Players to watch include Filthie Rich, PR Balrog, Filipino Champ, Justin Wong, Chris G, PerfectLegend, GGA16Bit, pig of the hut and more.
The Broadcast: Exclusively via the MLG.tv Premium Video Platform Starting Friday, June 20 at 2:30pm PT
The competition will be broadcast LIVE beginning Friday, June 20 at 2:30pm PT on 10 channels via MLG.tv on the web, MLG.tv apps for iOS and Android, the new MLG app for Xbox One and the MLG app for Xbox 360. The schedule is available on MLG.tv. Some of the industry’s most talented eSports personalities will be commentating and reporting including:
- Call of Duty: Ghosts: Chris Puckett, Ryan “Fwiz” Wyatt, John “Revan” Boble, Benjamin “Benson” Bowe, Clint “Maven” Forest and Scott “Gandhi” Lussier.
- StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm: Sean “Day9″ Plott, Kevin “RotterdaM” van der Kooi, Yoan “ToD” Merlo, Paulo “CatZ” Vizcarra, Nathan “Nathanias” Fabrikant and Alex “Axeltoss” Rodriguez.
- Super Smash Bros. Melee: Wynton “Progducto” Smith, D’Ron “D1″ Maingrette and Christopher “Wife” Fabiszak.
- Killer Instinct/Injustice: David “Ultradavid” Graham, Bill “Tom Brady” Menoutis, Reepal “RIP” Parbhoo and Dustin “Godspeed” Kane.
- Call of Duty Alpha mlg.tv/codalpha
- Call of Duty Bravo mlg.tv/codbravo
- Starcraft II Alpha mlg.tv/sc2alpha
- Starcraft II Bravo mlg.tv/sc2bravo
- Smash Brothers mlg.tv/smash
- Killer Instinct/Injustice mlg.tv/fgc
- MLG.TV mlg.tv/mlgtv
- Old Men of OpTic mlg.tv/optic
- Level Up mlg.tv/levelup
- Collegiate StarLeague mlg.tv/cstarleague
On Site Spectating
Spectators can purchase a VIP or General Admission ticket online or at the door. On-site spectators can engage in hands-on opportunities and activities including:
- Collegiate Star League (CSL): Don’t miss the CSL Finals live in Anaheim. CSL will hold premier collegiate StarCraft II and League of Legends competitions and the first ever live, collegiate Dota 2 competition in a dedicated booth on the show floor and all the action will be broadcast on MLG.tv.
- eSports Bar: MLG fans over the age of 21 can hang out in the eSports bar all weekend.
- GUNNAR Optiks, officially licensed eyewear of MLG – Advanced Gaming Eyewear: Nab those extra frags by visiting the MLG Pro Shop where you can demo, ask questions, and purchase MLG Phantoms and MLG Branded Carrying Cases. GUNNAR will have arcade games, tournaments and prizes being given out during the show.
- Level Up: Creators of the popular weekly fighting game stream Weds Night Fights and the premier event Southern California Regionals, Level Up makes their debut at MLG Anaheim with a fighters booth. Co-founder and fighting game legend, Alex Valle, will host daily events which include casual gaming, Rushdown The Pro, Killer Instinct/Injustice tournaments, and special exhibition matches with some of the best players in the country.
- Loot Crate: The makers of The Monthly Geek and Gamer Subscription Box will be on site with their bus showcasing exclusive gamer merchandise.
- MLG Pro Shop: Get official MLG gear, limited edition items and merchandise and team jerseys from some of your favorite teams. Plus special merch exclusives for Super Smash Bros. and Blizzard fans.
- MLG.tv/Gamebattles: Visit the MLG.tv/Gamebattles booth to participate in a variety of walk-up and play videogame challenges for a chance to win small prizes throughout the weekend or meet some of your favorite YouTube stars streaming various games and signing autographs. Plus, anyone that visits the booth will get an exclusive MLG Anaheim 2014 profile badge (while supplies last).
- OpTic Gaming: The Old Men of OpTic will be accepting spectator Challenges! Stop by and see if you’re young enough to take on these Old Timers playing Call of Duty.
- PlanetSide®2: The massively multiplayer online first person shooter will be showcased all weekend long with free-to-play stations. Stop by the PlanetSide 2 booth, declare your allegiance, and battle with other spectators, as well as meet up with key members of the development team. For more information: www.PlanetSide2.com.
- truth®: The nation’s largest youth smoking prevention campaign will be onsite with a crew of ‘tour riders’ – interacting with the MLG crowd through games, contests, music and cool ‘gear’ giveaways including t-shirts, hats, flip-flops, and skateboard decks. The truth campaign educates teens and young adults about tobacco use, but always in a fun and engaging way. To learn more about truth’s mobile games and watch video game-related content, check out thetruth.com.
- Turtle Beach, official audio provider for MLG: Take the competitive edge home with the MLG licensed Ear Force XP SEVEN, Z SEVEN, and PX22 gaming headsets, offering unsurpassed versatility with outstanding audio quality and comfort.
- UMG booth: UMG will host warm ups for all Pros and Amateurs. Stop by for a look at the players while they gear up for the competition.
- Friday, June 20: 11am – doors open for Media, VIP and Gold members, 12pm – Doors open to the Public, 2:30pm – midnight – Competition and broadcast
- Saturday, June 21: 9:45am – midnight – competition and booth activities
- Sunday, June 22: 9:45am – 9pm – competition and booth activities
Anaheim Convention Center – Hall B
800 West Katella Avenue
Anaheim, CA 92802