MLG Raleigh kicked off League of Legends' run on the Pro Circuit with some incredibly high-level gameplay, and we’re incredibly pleased to announce that LoL will be returning at MLG Providence, the final Event of the 2011 Season. All games played at the Event will be streamed live with commentary.
The live Event in Providence will pit top North American teams against each other in a fierce battle for a share of a very hefty prize pool. And this time the Event won't be open just to invited teams; you're going to have a chance to get in on the action and show everyone what you've got.
We will be holding an online tournament to determine who competes in Providence. We have invited eight of the top established teams to compete, but eight spots are still wide open.
Please note; unlike our other Online Qualifiers, this one is mandatory. Playing in this OQ is the only way to win a spot in the live competition in Providence.
The Online Qualifier
- The registration cost has been reduced from 30 credits to 25. If you have already registered, we are going to refund your account (in cash, not GB credits) for any amount in excess of the 25 credits needed to enter.
- Because of overwhelming demand, we are increasing the amount of teams in the online qualifier from 16 to 32: the original 8 invited teams plus 24 open spots, instead of 8. So if you weren't able to get in, try again!
- Tournament schedules will be revised to reflect the larger bracket. Please check back here for more information about the updated schedule.
- To reflect the larger bracket, we have made additions to the prizing. Teams placing 9th-16th will win 1300 RP per player (6500 to the team). Prizing otherwise remains unchanged.
- 16-team, single elimination bracket
- 8 top teams have been invited:
- Counter Logic Gaming
- Curse Gaming
- Team SoloMid
- 24 teams will be filled by open registration
- Games will be Best-of-3 5v5s on Summoner’s Rift (Autumn)
- The bracket will play out until only the Top 4 teams remain
- Seeding for the invited teams will be based on their Raleigh results and the League's discretion. Open teams will be seeded randomly.
- 25 credit registration fee per player. Only players in North America may enter
- 1st through 4th Place will be flown to MLG Providence
- 5th through 8th Place: $500 per team and 2000 RP per player
- Register for the online tournament now!
- Registration closes Friday, November 4 at 9pm ET
- The online tournament begins Saturday, November 5 at 2pm ET.
League of Legends Live in Providence
The Top 4 teams from the Online Qualifier will be flown to Providence, with all travel and hotel expenses paid, to compete in the live tournament. The teams will play Best-of-3 5v5s on Summoner's Rift (Autumn) in a double elimination bracket.
We will be streaming matches live on the Saturday and Sunday of MLG Providence. If you’re watching from home, you’ll be able to click over to the League of Legends tab on the homepage and see all the action. We've got two of the game's best casters, Rivington (Rivington Bruce Bisland III) and Phreak (David James Turley), and they'll be providing commentary on all streamed games.
- 1st Place: $15,000 and 3250 RP per team
- 2nd Place: $8,000 and 2500 RP per team
- 3rd Place: $5,000 and 2,000 RP per team
- 4th Place: $2,000 and 2,000 RP per team
- Register in person at the venue on Friday, November 18 at 10:30am ET. You’ll then have from 1:30pm -10:00pm to set up and practice.
- 11/19 from 10:00am – 3pm ET: Tournament play
- 11/20 from 3:30pm – 8:30pm ET: Tournament play and Finals
If you're a competitor, this is your chance to play with the best of the best and get a shot at competing live onstream at a Pro Circuit event for hundreds of thousands of people to see. Register now! And if you plan on watching MLG Providence, get hyped; LoL is back, and it's no laughing matter.