Major League Gaming App for Xbox 360 Delivers MLG.TV’s Premium Gaming Content and Premier Competition to Xbox Live Users
NEW YORK, March 24, 2014 – Major League Gaming (MLG), the global leader in eSports, today released the MLG app for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Xbox Live Gold subscribers can seamlessly watch MLG.tv’s professionally-produced gaming content including MLG’s weekly news program “eSports Report,” the world’s best players and premier competitions including the Call of Duty® Championship presented by Xbox which takes place March 28-30 and MLG Pro Circuit tournaments. The complete MLG programming schedule is available at www.mlg.tv/schedule. “The MLG app for Xbox 360 brings our content directly to gaming fans on Xbox Live,” said Sundance DiGiovanni, MLG CEO and co-founder. “MLG broadcasts the best in competitive gaming content each week via www.MLG.TVand now Xbox 360 users can watch simply and easily. In 2013 our fans viewed 54 million hours of video and we expect that consumption to greatly increase with the addition of the MLG app on Xbox 360.” “We continue to deliver content on Xbox that we know our audience craves and MLG’s premium programming was something we saw a high demand for,” said Yusuf Mehdi, Corporate Vice President of Marketing, Strategy and Business, Xbox. ”We are excited to bring the best in competitive gaming directly to our community with the addition of the MLG app on Xbox 360.” The MLG app is initially available on Xbox 360 to Xbox Live Gold subscribers in the U.S, Canada, UK, and Australia. Selection of MLG.tv programming available via the MLG app includes:
- Call of Duty Championship presented by Xbox – March 28-30 – The broadcast kicks off Friday, March 28 at 9am PT featuring the top 31 Call of Duty® teams from around the globe playing Call of Duty®: Ghosts competing for the title of World Champion and $1 million in prizes.
- MLG’s eSports Report – airing Thursdays at 7pm EDT – showcasing the latest news in competitive gaming.
- MLG Call of Duty Ghosts Pro League – airing weeknights at 7pm EDT and weekends starting at noon EST – showcasing the top 10 MLG Pro Circuit Call of Duty teams going head to head in 180 matches.
- MLG Championship – June 20-22 – broadcast live from Anaheim, CA, and featuring thousands of the best gamers playing Call of Duty: Ghosts and more.
- MLG partner streams including international eSports leagues Gfinity and ACL Pro, top Call of Duty players Nadeshot and Scumpii, premier teams such as OpTic Gaming, EnVyUs, FaZe and Curse and You Tube sensations Syndicate and Seananners.
In addition to the app, viewers can watch MLG programming via www.MLG.tv and mobile devices. The Microsoft and MLG sales teams will also collaborate to offer unique packages and opportunities for brand partners looking to reach MLG’s highly engaged, passionate audience of competitive gaming fans.