The Spectator Experience: Fall Championship in Dallas
The Fall Championship in Dallas from November 2-4 is an event you won’t want to miss. More than 1200 of the world’s best gamers will compete for more than $180,000 in prizes on three stages with LIVE commentating from the top casters in eSports. Read a complete press release here.
Before the event kicks off, NOS®, official energy drink of MLG, invites fans to attend the NOS MLG Fall Championship Kick Off Party on Thursday, November 1st from 8 – 10pm at The Fan Sports Lounge. Stop by the party to play MLG Pro Circuit games, sample free NOS, mingle with Pros and MLG personalities and have a chance to win special prizes.
The Fall Championship will take place at the Dallas Convention Center, Hall A – 650 S. Griffin Street, Dallas, TX 75202.
On Friday, November 2, competitors, Gold Members, VIPS and Xperia owners may enter the venue at 1:00pm. General admission for spectators is at 1:30pm. The festivities begin at 5pm sharp with the Opening Ceremonies, and gameplay kicks off at 5:30pm.
In addition to watching the competition all weekend, there are a ton of awesome things to do in the venue. Included below a top line overview of some of the activities that you can partake in on site:
- BenQ, official gaming monitor sponsor of MLG: See how BenQ’s professional gaming monitors, designed by legendary gamers, will take your game to the next level. Why play when you can conQuer! Tournament monitors available at $249 (RL2450HT) and $179 (GL2450HM).
- BIC® Flex4® Razors, official razor of MLG: Compete in the BIC® Flex4®Razors Challenge Center and take on other spectators for prizes in a variety of popular games for PS3, Xbox, and PC.
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG: Stop by for Halo, Starcraft II, Mortal Kombat, Tekken, and League of Legends Free Play, photo opps in the Dr Pepper Photo Booth, Text-to-Win promotions and to try an ice cold Dr Pepper, Diet Dr Pepper or Dr Pepper Ten.
- Full Sail University: Take a moment to relax, re-charge your phones and learn how to create your own gaming character at the Full Sail University booth! Located in Winter Park, Florida (just outside of Orlando), Full Sail University specializes in an accelerated style of education geared toward video games, design, animation and more. Click here for more information.
- GUNNAR Optiks, officially licensed eyewear of MLG – Advanced Gaming Eyewear: Nab those extra frags by visiting the MLG Pro Shop where you can demo, ask questions, and purchase MLG Phantoms and MLG Legends. Keep an eye on the MLG Mobile Application for special videos, photo contests, prize giveaways, swag, and more.
- iBUYPOWER, official gaming PC of MLG: iBUYPOWER is giving away an autographed Chimera 4SE and more prizes! Check the iBUYPOWER booth or website during the championship for more information. Also stop by to learn about the hardware engineering and design that goes into making a competitive-grade gaming system, and play on one too!
- Mad Catz – MLG Pro Circuit Controllers for Xbox 360 and PS3 and MLG Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition: Purchase the MLG Pro Circuit Controller and accessories and the MLG Arcade FightStick. Mad Catz will be featuring their entire range of MLG Pro Circuit Controller accessories including the new Hard Tension Analog ProModule™ and 4-Button D-Pad ProModule™. Try the MLG Pro Circuit Controller/Accessories & FightStick TE at the Mad Catz booth with the latest console FPS and Fighting Game titles.
- MLG Pro Shop: Purchase an array of MLG merchandise including Nike apparel (quarter zips, hoodies and t shirts), limited edition Fall Championship gear. Brand new items that will be available are the MLG Pro Circuit Backpack, SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming Mouse and official tees from Blizzard Entertainment, Riot Games and Microsoft.
- PlayStation®, official partner of MLG: Play, Compete, and Win at the PlayStation Compound. Go head to head on PS3 and PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) handheld entertainment system for big prizes! The compound is packed with PlayStation® exclusives like PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale, God of War™: Ascension and LittleBigPlanet™ Karting. You can also get hands-on with the hottest new and unreleased games like Need for Speed™ Most Wanted and Far Cry 3®.
- SteelSeries: Winning Is Everything. All weekend long, SteelSeries will be upgrading fans with VIP seats and giving away premium SteelSeries product to lucky attendees. Grab your SteelSeries bracelet at the door for your chance to win great gear and be sure to stop by the MLG Pro Shop to check out the MLG Sensei.
- Xperia Smartphone by Sony: Visit the Sony Xperia Booth and check out the brand new Xperia TL, in-stores November 2 and featured in the upcoming James Bond cinema release SKYFALL, in theatres November 9. Play Modern Combat 3 and other exciting mobile games on the Xperia TL and Xperia ion. Both smartphones are PlayStation Certified© to guarantee a high-quality smartphone gaming experience.
You can also play the highly-anticipated MMOFPS PlanetSide® 2 and experience a game like you’ve never played before! The BIC Flex4 stage will host Free-to-Play PlanetSide 2 game stations all weekend long for players to join the massive multiplayer battles on enormous continents where intense air and ground combat unfold.
Stay tuned for an official guide to the Fall Championship next week and additional details.
See you in Dallas!