Mortal Kombat Online Tournament Presented by PlayStation: Official Rules and Competition Format
1. Players may not use Kombat codes.
2. Players may not use the Character Kratos.
3. Players who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will Forfeit the Game.
4. The Maps Chamber of Flame and The Streets may not be played. If a Player selects one of these Maps, the Game must be restarted from the beginning and the Player must select another Stage.
5. All Matches must be played Online over Playstation Network, using the 1v1 Private Match option.
6. All Matches must be played in their entirety unless both Players agree to postpone or cancel the Match.
7. If a player disconnects during the initial launch of the Game, the Game will be restarted. The initial launch is defined as before either Player has taken damage. If both teams disagree over when the disconnection took place, video proof must be provided. First, the match must be completed and the scores must be reported correctly. The URL link of the proof must be submitted in a ticket once the match is completed.
8. If a Player disconnects after the Game has started and either Player has taken damage, the Game will end and the disconnected Player will receive a loss.
9. If a match is played before the scheduled time, it will not be considered a warm-up and will count as the official scores. No warm-ups or practices between teams are allowed during Online Tournament play.
10. To get help with a No Show issue, you MUST contact Staff via Live Support. We must verify the No Show.To get to Live Support, click on the Support tab within the Tournament and go to the Live Support link. If no Online Tournament Admins are available, you must submit a Ticket within 30 minutes of the scheduled match time. Please include any proof that you have that they did not show. You must also report the match as a win for your team.
11. For any allegations of cheating, glitching, etc., you MUST contact Staff via Live Support.If no Online Tournament Admins are available, you must immediately submit a Ticket along with your proof of the accusation. Glitching accusations must be supported by video proof. Video proof can be edited to include only the section where the offense takes place; however, the video MUST include the score screen at one point. Please also see rule 5 under Reporting. If proof is not included with your ticket, or the ticket is submitted too late after the match start time, the win will be decided by an Online Tournament Admin.
- All Matches will consist of a Best of 3 Games (First to 2).
- The top 32 Players at the end of the Ladder will advance to the Bracket.
- The higher ranked Player at Match time will host the Match. The higher ranked Player is the Player ranked closer to “1” on the Ladder. If there is a tie in rank (i.e. both are unranked), the Team ID closest to 0 will host the Match.
- In case of a dispute over character selection, the lower ranked Player must select their character first for Game 1. The higher ranked Player will then select their character. If there is a tie in rank (i.e. both are unranked), the Team ID closes to 0 will host the Match. For Games 2-3, the winner of the previous Game may not change their Character. The loser of the previous Game may change their Character for the upcoming Game.
- Ladder Play times are listed on the Info Tab for the Tournament. Players must utilize the blind Match Finder to find all Matches and are encouraged to play as many Matches as possible during the Ladder Play time period. Top Players, as determined by the most XP, will be seeded into the Bracket. The number of teams to be seeded will be listed on the Info Tab.
- All Matches will consist of a Best of 5 Games (First to 3).
- The higher seeded Player in the Bracket will host Games 1 and 2. The lower seeded Player will host Games 3 and 4. The higher seeded Player will host Game 5.
- In case of a dispute over character selection, the lower seeded Player in the Bracket must select their character first for Game 1. The higher seeded Player will then select their character. For Games 2-5, the winner of the previous Game may not change their Character. The loser of the previous Game may change their Character for the upcoming Game.
- After losing a Match, Players will fall into the Loser's Bracket.
- A Match loss in the Loser's Bracket will result in elimination from the Bracket.
- If Players meet for a second time in the Bracket, their Match will expand to a Best of 11. The Match will include the scores from the previous Match and pick up where that Match left off. For example, if Player A beat Player B 3 Games to 1 in the Winner's Bracket, the Best of 11 will resume with Game 5 and Player A leading 3 Games to 1.
- The Bracket default time is listed on the Info Tab for the Tournament. Matches must be played and completed within 24 hours of the default time. Both Players must agree to postpone the match. Extensions will not be made after the 24 hours. In order to reschedule a match, both Players must submit a ticket with the new proposed time.
- If a Match is not played, and neither Player submits a Ticket requesting the Forfeit win, the Match win will be decided by an Online Tournament Admin.