Major League Gaming (MLG) (www.majorleaguegaming.com) is the world’s largest eSports organization with millions of LIVE viewers, fans and competitors around the globe. MLG enables gamers to compete, improve their skills, and socialize via the largest online destination for competitive console and PC gaming featuring 8 million registered gamers, and the annual MLG Pro Circuit featuring LIVE, in-person tournaments in cities nationwide. MLG broadcasts competitive play, analysis and more via online streaming to hundreds of thousands of fans in an average of more than 170 countries.
- Major League Gaming (MLG) is the world’s largest eSports organization with millions of LIVE viewers, fans and competitors around the globe.
- MLG exclusively targets the tens of millions of consumers worldwide who have a passion for playing video games as a competitive and social activity. Gamers have the ability to compete via:
- MLG Pro Circuit – large-scale, Championship tournaments held across the US. Each Pro Circuit Championship features hundreds of gamers competing for cash prizes in front of a LIVE, in-person audience. The competition is streamed LIVE online to an audience of millions worldwide.
- Gamebattles.com – Online competitions –the largest online destination for competitive console and PC gaming and home to 8 million registered gamers. Featuring tournaments, ladders, forums and more for all the latest and hot titles, GameBattles leads the online gaming space in engagement with more than 18 minutes spent on site per session (Comscore), five times the industry average.
- Compared to online communities for traditional sports leagues, MLG’s demographic is younger, more male dominated and more affluent. (60% 18-34 year olds; 85% male, and over 40% HHI $100k+ – Comscore).
- Sundance DiGiovanni, CEO and co-founder, is a recognized thought-leader in video game culture and has focused on the long-term, global growth of competitive video gaming.
2013 PRO CIRCUIT – 10th Annual
- The 2013 Pro Circuit includes action-packed spectator events, enhanced broadcast production, a revamped event experience and more.
- The Winter Season marked the return of some of the largest gaming franchises and eSports titles including Call of Duty®: Black Ops II on Xbox 360®, League of Legends and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
- The Winter Championship from March 15-17th at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas drew 2.6mm unique online viewers online who each watched an average of 150 minutes and consumed 6.5 mm hours of video over the weekend.
- The Spring Championship will take place June 28-30 at the Anaheim Convention Center. Games and additional details will be provided soon.
2012 PRO CIRCUIT RECAP
- MLG generated 334% growth in live online viewers during the 2012 Pro Circuit drawing more than 11.7 million unique online viewers over the four Pro Circuit Championship weekends, up from 3.5 million for the 2011 season and breaking previous MLG online viewer records.
- More than 15 million hours of LIVE online video were consumed during 2012 Pro Circuit weekends.
- The 2012 MLG Pro Circuit season was the 9th annual circuit and included Winter Championship – Columbus, OH (March 23-25), Spring Championship – Anaheim, CA (June 8-10), Summer Championship – Raleigh, NC (August 24-26) and Fall Championship – Dallas, TX (November 2-4).
- The 2012 Pro Circuit featured Halo 4 – exclusive pre-release tournament at Fall Championship in Dallas, Halo: Reach – Winter Championship in Columbus, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty – all events, League of Legends – all events and PlayStation 3 games – Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V, THE KING OF FIGHTERS, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale.
- The Spring Championship in Anaheim, CA, June 8-10, the 60th Pro Circuit Event.
- The online broadcast reached more than 4.7 million unique online viewers with an all-time high of 437,000 peak concurrent viewers.
- More than 5.4 million hours of video was consumed during the Championship weekend.
- More than 20,000 spectators watched live at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Over $160,000 in prize money was awarded.
- $25,000 went to DongRaeGu, who took first place in StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™.
- The event offered a beta sneak peek at StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™.
MLG 2011 PRO CIRCUIT RECAP
- The 2011 MLG Pro Circuit was the 8th and largest season to date.
- The 2011 season consisted of six live events across the United States in which players competed for over $1 million in prizes and stipends.
- The 2011 Pro Circuit featured Halo: Reach, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty, Call of Duty: Black Ops and League of Legends.
- Majorleaguegaming.com featured 225% year-over-year growth.
- The average visitor tuned in for over three hours during Pro Circuit competition.
- 175 countries tuned in for the Providence National Championships.
(click for fullsize)
- In 2012, MLG became part of the CBS Interactive/GameSpot family and CBS Interactive is a digital sales and broadcast partner. CBSi currently broadcasts our Pro Circuit competitions via GameSpot.com.
- In 2012, MLG and the Korean eSports Association (KeSPA) announced a multi-year, global partnership to bridge the Western and Korean StarCraft worlds. As part of the collaboration, KeSPA players will compete in MLG events marking the first time in eSports history that KeSPA players will participate in StarCraft II tournaments in the United States.
- In 2011, MLG announced a partnership with IMG Worldwide to expand MLG’s global reach.
MLG 2013 Partners
- BenQ, official gaming monitor of MLG
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG
- Full Sail University, the official university of MLG
- iBUYPOWER, official gaming PC of MLG
- Mad Catz, official licensed controller and fight stick of MLG
- NOS, official energy drink of MLG
- PlayStation®, official partner of MLG
- Turtle Beach, official headset and audio equipment of MLG
- MLGProShop.com: Visit mlgproshop.com for a wide array of official licensed apparel including, tees, hoodies and hats, featuring user customization, the MLG logos and other creative designs.
- BDA: Premium quality carrying cases and backpacks designed for the video gamer, available online and at Best Buy stores .
- GUNNAR Optiks: Official Licensed Eyewear of MLG – Advanced gaming eyewear available at Best Buy stores nationwide.
- J!NX: Official MLG licensed apparel available now at Jinx.com.
- Mad Catz: MLG controller and fight stick for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3, available at select Best Buy stores and Amazon.com.
- MusicSkins: MLG-branded skins for portal devices available online.
- SteelSeries: MLG Edition QcK+ mousepads available online, and SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming mouse.
- Turtle Beach: Official headset and audio equipment of MLG, all-new Ear Force XP7 and Z7 MLG Pro Circuit Programmable Surround Sound Headsets for console and PC play, along with the Ear Force TM1 Tournament Audio Mixer slated for release soon.
- Xbox LIVE: Download MLG picture packs, themes, videos, and soon, avatar items from xbox.com or through the Xbox LIVE console.
- GameBattles is the largest online destination for competitive console and PC gaming. Featuring tournaments, leagues, ladders, forums and more for all the latest and hottest titles, GameBattles is home to more than 8 million registered gamers worldwide and more than 16 million teams looking to compete in their favorite Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo DS and Vita games.
- MLG showcases a wide array of competitive video game broadcast programming, statistics, and Video on Demand (VoD) of Pro Circuit competitions and other related events. Visit www.majorleaguegaming.com/schedule for programming details.
- Download the free MLG App for iPhone, iPad, and Android devices to watch MLG video, view event photos, and stay up to date on the latest news in eSports.
- Gamers can compete via MLG’s first-ever competitive smartphone gaming platform – Xperia™ Mobile Gaming Arena Presented by Sony Mobile http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/mobile. The Arena enables gamers to compete via all mobile platforms including Android and iOS, and provides access to scores and rankings.
FOR MORE INFORMATION