Major League Gaming (MLG) is the global leader in eSports. The company operates MLG.tv, the #1 online broadcast network for professional level competitive gaming; the MLG Pro Circuit, the longest-running eSports league in North America; and MLG: Play, the largest cross platform online gaming tournament system with 9 million registered users across the globe. MLG is one of the fastest growing digital networks worldwide with over 600% growth in audience over the last three years and 1557% growth in online video consumption over the last four years. Each month, the company reaches millions of highly-engaged fans via web, mobile, connected TVs and gaming consoles making it the definitive property for major advertisers to reach young men (90% male, 50% 16-34 year olds, 76% 21+, and over 40% HHI $100k+). For more information: www.mlg.tv.
MLG showcases competitive gaming via:
MLG: Play (www.gamebattles.com) – MLG’s online competitive gaming platform features more than 40 top titles and enables gamers of all skill levels to compete in roughly 700,000 online matches monthly and earn MLG Pro Ranking Points. MLG’s Pro Circuit features large-scale, in-person competitions at venues around the US. The Spring Championship in June 2013 drew a record-breaking 21,000 spectators over three days.
MLG.TV, the premium streaming platform for eSports: MLG.TV is a premium online video streaming platform for web and mobile. MLG broadcasts live and on demand sports-style programming centered on competitive gaming daily via MLG.TV with millions tuning in each month online. From 2011 and 2012, MLG garnered 334% growth in live online viewership for Pro Circuit events with more than 15 million unique viewers from an average of 170 countries watching an average of 150 minutes each. MLG has opened up opened the platform to global influencers in the gaming world welcoming leading Call of Duty team OpTic Gaming and Gfinity, one of Europe’s premier eSports leagues, who are producing event-driven, regularly scheduled programming on the MLG.TV network. The company plans to continue opening the platform up to a group of global eSports leaders and gaming personalities.
2013 PRO CIRCUIT – 10th Annual
- The MLG Championship in Columbus, Ohio, from November 22-24 featured top Dota 2 teams in the world and the first-ever tournament for Call of Duty: Ghosts with more than $185,000 in prizes.
- The Fall Invitational took place at Full Sail University on October 18 and 19th. Featuring a new two-day format with an impact on seeding for future Pro Circuit tournaments, the event marks the official debut of Dota 2 on the MLG Pro Circuit and continues the robust competitive series for Call of Duty®: Black Ops II leading into the MLG Championship in Columbus, Ohio, from November 22-24.
- The Spring Championship took place June 28-30 at the Anaheim Convention Center and featured Call of Duty®: Black Ops II on Xbox 360®, League of Legends and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. The event drew a record-breaking 21,000 spectators over the weekend.
- The Winter Season marked the return of some of the largest gaming franchises and eSports titles including Call of Duty®: Black Ops II on Xbox 360®, League of Legends and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm. The Winter Championship from March 15-17th at the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, Texas drew 2.6mm unique online viewers online who each watched an average of 150 minutes and consumed 6.5 mm hours of video over the weekend.
2012 PRO CIRCUIT RECAP
- MLG generated 334% growth in live online viewers during the 2012 Pro Circuit drawing more than 11.7 million unique online viewers over the four Pro Circuit Championship weekends, up from 3.5 million for the 2011 season and breaking previous MLG online viewer records.
- More than 15 million hours of LIVE online video were consumed during 2012 Pro Circuit weekends.
- The 2012 MLG Pro Circuit season was the 9th annual circuit and included Winter Championship – Columbus, OH (March 23-25), Spring Championship – Anaheim, CA (June 8-10), Summer Championship – Raleigh, NC (August 24-26) and Fall Championship – Dallas, TX (November 2-4).
- The 2012 Pro Circuit featured Halo 4 – exclusive pre-release tournament at Fall Championship in Dallas, Halo: Reach – Winter Championship in Columbus, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty – all events, League of Legends – all events and PlayStation 3 games – Mortal Kombat, Soul Calibur V, THE KING OF FIGHTERS, PlayStation All Stars: Battle Royale.
- The Spring Championship in Anaheim, CA, June 8-10, the 60th Pro Circuit Event.
- The online broadcast reached more than 4.7 million unique online viewers with an all-time high of 437,000 peak concurrent viewers.
- More than 5.4 million hours of video was consumed during the Championship weekend.
- More than 20,000 spectators watched live at the Anaheim Convention Center.
- Over $160,000 in prize money was awarded.
- $25,000 went to DongRaeGu, who took first place in StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty™.
- The event offered a beta sneak peek at StarCraft® II: Heart of the Swarm™.
MLG 2011 PRO CIRCUIT RECAP
- The 2011 MLG Pro Circuit was the 8th and largest season to date.
- The 2011 season consisted of six live events across the United States in which players competed for over $1 million in prizes and stipends.
- The 2011 Pro Circuit featured Halo: Reach, StarCraft® II: Wings of Liberty, Call of Duty: Black Ops and League of Legends.
- Majorleaguegaming.com featured 225% year-over-year growth.
- The average visitor tuned in for over three hours during Pro Circuit competition.
- 175 countries tuned in for the Providence National Championships.
(click for fullsize)
MLG 2013 PARTNERS
- BenQ, official gaming monitor of MLG
- Blizzard Entertainment
- Dr Pepper, official soft drink of MLG
- Flipz Pretzels
- Full Sail University, the official university of MLG
- iBUYPOWER, official gaming PC of MLG
- Microsoft Stores
- NOS, official energy drink of MLG
- Riot Games
- Scuf Gaming
- Sony Online Entertainment
- Turtle Beach, official headset and audio equipment of MLG
- MLGProShop.com: Visit mlgproshop.com for a wide array of official licensed apparel including, tees, hoodies and hats, featuring user customization, the MLG logos and other creative designs.
- BDA: Premium quality carrying cases and backpacks designed for the video gamer, available online and at Best Buy stores beginning in Fall 2012.
- Gaming Jerseys.com
- GUNNAR Optiks: Official Licensed Eyewear of MLG – Advanced gaming eyewear available at Best Buy stores nationwide.
- MusicSkins: MLG-branded skins for portal devices available online.
- SteelSeries: MLG Edition QcK+ mousepads available online, and SteelSeries Sensei MLG Edition Gaming mouse.
- Turtle Beach: Official headset and audio equipment of MLG, all-new Ear Force XP7 and Z7 MLG Pro Circuit Programmable Surround Sound Headsets for console and PC play, along with the Ear Force TM1 Tournament Audio Mixer.
- Xbox LIVE: Download MLG picture packs, themes, videos, and soon, avatar items from xbox.com or through the Xbox LIVE console.
FOR MORE INFORMATION